Monday, November 25, 2013

Need a new year

We often tell people who have had many struggles during the year that we hope they have a better year next year.  Or "I bet you can't wait for the new year."  In fact, this comment was made to me today.  I know what the person meant when it was said but it got me thinking.  Nathanael has had a tough year.  But next year isn't going to be much better.  He will still have diabetes.  He will still struggle to maintain his blood sugar.  Yes I do hope that next year is better.  He has had a tough year.  He was diagnosed in April.  He has had colds, like most kids do.  He jammed his finger and managed to chip a bone in that finger.  He sprained his ankle 3 times this year, the same ankle.  To top it off, I hope, he fell in the shower last night and hurt his back.  So I do hope that next year is better.  But he is 12 and has accidents and will get colds.  Unfortunately until there is a cure,  he will still have diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment