Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What a day!

Today has been the worst rollercoaster ever. Nathanael got up this morning not feeling well. His blood sugar was the lower today than it's been in awhile. He was 194. He was feeling sick to his stomach. He had 2 pieces of toast for breakfast. By 10 he was 284. It's normal for him to have his spike about 10 but he still wasn't feeling well. He ate a half peanut butter sandwich & took some insulin. After fourth period, which was gym today, he had dropped to 232 & still not feeling well. So I told him I would pick him up at lunch & take him home. For lunch he was 154. He had some soup & insulin. I sent him to bed. After an almost 2 hour nap, his blood sugar was 66. He had a glass of milk and a snack. His blood sugar 2 hours later was in the 300's! Supper tonight was a cheese omlet & more insulin. Then his blood sugar dropped to 150 in an hour. Then an hour later he is 69. I just gave him another glass of milk. Not sure what's going on but I do know this doesn't feel good for him. He had a hard time doing homework tonight. He just can't concentrate. I may be getting up during the night tonight to check his level.

No comments:

Post a Comment